Saturday, October 22, 2016

Lizzie Kate SAL - Prepping

Hi everyone! Heather Stitches here! I'm excited to start this SAL with everyone! I'm planning to officially start on Monday, October 24th. But in the meantime, I saw Bekka's wonderful post on her idea to stitch her project in silks. I love that idea! So I'm blatantly stealing it! #ImSoOriginal

So I dug out my long neglected Mo's Silks (last used in August 2015) and started to play with colors. I've tentatively picked these beauties:

Cedar (for the grass)
Mojito (for the leaves on the trees)
Walnut (for the trunk of the trees)
Ecru (for the house)
Cyclamen (for the door)
Cornucopia (for the windows)
Mocha (for the roof)
Blue Hawaiian (for the lettering)

Also, I'm really not feeling the charm, so I think I'm gonna replace it with something else. What, you ask? No idea. I'll figure that out later. (^_^)

Other stats: I'm going to be stitching this on MCG Textiles 28ct Antique White evenweave (fancy, I know. Don't be jealous of my $3 fabric). I will be stitching two over two.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the colors! I'm stitching on MCG Textiles 14 count Light Blue. I'm not doing the charm either. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thread choices!!💗 It's not stealing, it's complimenting lol 😂 I stitch on MCG all the time! It's available and I've always loved the feel. I don't even know the maker of my fabby! So of that part, I am jealous Heather!!😝 This will be beautiful!!
    FYI I skipped the charm lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors!! I am in love with the green one!!

    ReplyDelete