Monday, October 31, 2016

SAL Update

It's been a while since I updated my progress on this piece. I kinda lost my stitch-y bug for a few days, so I really only started working on this again like two days ago. But, here's what I have so far.

My color woos continue, but I think it's fine. I stopped after the R in Residence because I'm not sure about the color. I might end up using the same blue I used at the top, or maybe the green from the trees. Or, I thought maybe the brown from the roof? I liked the blue for the top cause it was like the sky. So maybe the brown or green could be the dirt/grass? Opinions?

I ended up added Mo's Sale silk in Banana to the windows. I thought it kinda looked like lights on in the house. It is brighter than I'd like, but it's fine. I also over-stitched the door with Mo's silk in Northport. I didn't like the paler pink. It wasn't showing up enough. I also backstitched around the house with the roof color (Mocha) to make it stand out more. Ok. That's me so far. (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! And I love your idea of using green or brown to represent the dirt or grass. Me personally, I would choose brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you ended up choosing 😊

    ReplyDelete